William M. Laurin
About William M. Laurin
Law Society of Alberta – Year of Call 1992
LLB, University of Calgary, 1991
B.Sc., University of Alberta, 1986
Bill is a senior energy and natural resource professional with three decades of industry, private legal practise and general counsel experience focused on:
- Oil and gas and renewable energy transactions and joint ventures.
- Regulatory compliance and environmental liability management.
- Fee mineral leasing and royalty projects.
- Natural resource, renewable energy and service partnerships with indigenous communities.
Bill’s combined technical, business, and legal background and experience have given him broad exposure to proactive risk management, governance and compliance, dispute resolution and litigation management.
Prior to practicing law, Bill spent a number of years in the industry as an exploration geophysicist.
He regularly publishes and presents scholarly and business development articles, both nationally and internationally, on a variety of topics of interest to the energy industries, including:
- General lease, contract and regulatory interpretation.
- Unconventional resource development.
- Commercial agreements with Indigenous communities.
- Corporate social responsibility.