Morella M. De Castro
About Morella M. De Castro
Law Society of Alberta – Year of Call 2002
Juris Doctor, (Universities Coordinating Council, National Committee on Accreditation), 2000
Masters Of Business Administration, University of Calgary, Calgary, Alberta, 1996
Juris Doctor, Universidad Catolica Andres Bello, Caracas, Venezuela, 1990
Morella provides legal and business advisory services to a variety of clients on matters relating to oil and gas, construction, corporate commercial, and procurement. Morella is licensed to practice law in both Alberta and Venezuela and, besides Alberta, has worked in several South American countries as well as in Africa, Asia, and the Middle East.
Morella has advised clients on various
- corporate commercial and operational issues
- legal risks and benefits pertaining to projects or acquisitions
- strategic analysis
- drafting and maintenance of policies and precedents
She has played key roles in the preparation of bids for both construction projects and production sharing agreements with national oil companies and has worked on A&D transactions in both Canada and abroad. In addition, Morella has developed and maintained processes and guidelines for the managing and administration of contracts. She has also been an instructor of Freehold Lessor Estates to the Canadian Association of Petroleum Land Administrators. Morella is currently the Treasurer of the CCCA, CBA South Section.
- Co-authored The Development of Carbon Emissions Trading in Canada, published in the Alberta Law Review Vol. 46 No. 2;
- Authored and presented Canadian Oil and Gas Primer at the 2nd International Forum on Oil and Natural Gas Law (2o Fórum Internacional do Direito do Petróleo e Gás Natural), and the paper was published by the Brazilian Institute for Energy Law Studies (Instituto Brasileiro de Estudos do Direito da Energia).