About Mike Whitfield
University of Kwa Zulu Natal (BA degree)
Institute of Marketing Management (Dip. Mkt Mgt)
Mike is an accomplished Business Development executive with cross-industry, multicultural, international experience evidenced by a track record of initiating, qualifying and closing new business opportunities.
Through his extensive local and international network, including Private Equity firms, Family offices, Debt Lenders and tier 1 banks, Mike assists clients in the Clean, Renewable and Technology sectors get access to capital. This function synergizes well with the competencies of the EnerNEXT team. The clients Mike targets do not only receive the working capital they need to grow their businesses. They also become beneficiaries of EnerNEXT’s specialized professional legal and advisory transaction support services relating to Energy, Clean/Renewable tech and Sustainable development.
- Sourced and secured a potentially industry leading renewable energy facility as a new client
- Prospected and secured new clients for a ‘boutique’ M&A Advisory firm during a severe Energy sector downturn.
- Closed new business clients in the real estate, property development, education, contract labor and oilfield services sectors that contributed to a $1.5m pipeline.
- Led turn-around of a problematic client relationship through negotiations process that resulted in a $2.4m, three-year software license agreement with a major Telco.
- Facilitated a partnership between a start-up logistics software company and a global commodity shipper to meet the shipper’s objective of reducing its distribution cost per ton.
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS, MEMBERSHIPS, VOLUNTARY WORK
- Association for Corporate Growth University of Kwa-Zulu Natal Alumni
- Institute of Corporate Directors Institute of Marketing Management
- Glencoe Sports and Recreation Club Maritzburg College Old Boys Alumni
- Calgary Golf and Country Club Lifelong Blood Donor; Mount Royal Community volunteer