About Mike Whitfield
University of Kwa Zulu Natal (BA degree)
Institute of Marketing Management (Dip. Mkt Mgt)
Mike is an accomplished Business Development executive with cross-industry, multicultural, international experience evidenced by a track record of initiating, qualifying and closing new business opportunities.
Through his extensive local and international network, including:
- Private Equity firms
- Family offices
- Debt Lenders
- Tier 1 banks,
Mike assists clients in the Clean, Renewable and Technology sectors get access to capital. This function synergizes well with the competencies of the EnerNEXT team. The client’s Mike targets do not only receive the working capital they need to grow their businesses. They also become beneficiaries of EnerNEXT’s specialized professional legal and advisory transaction support services relating to Energy, Clean/Renewable tech and Sustainable development.
Mike is also professionally associated with
- Association for corporate growth alumni
- Institute of Corporate Directors Management
- Glencoe Sports and Recreation Club Alumni
- the University of Kwa-Zulu Natal
- The Institute of Marketing
- Maritzburg College Old Boys
Mike also volunteers for the Calgary Golf and Country Club Royal Community Volunteer. HE is also a lifelong blood donor.
- Sourced and secured a potential industry-leading renewable energy facility as a new client
- Prospected and secured new clients for a ‘boutique’ M&A Advisory firm during a severe Energy sector downturn.
- Closed new business clients in the real estate, property development, education, contract labour and oilfield services sectors that contributed to a $1.5m pipeline.
- Led turn-around of a problematic client relationship through negotiations process that resulted in a $2.4m, three-year software license agreement with a major Telco.
- Facilitated a partnership between a start-up logistics software company and a global commodity shipper to meet the shipper’s objective of reducing its distribution cost per ton.