About Keith Palmer
Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA, CMA)
B. Comm, University of Calgary, 1985
Keith is a senior financial executive with over 30 years of involvement in the energy sector. With a focus on business performance and integrating his departments throughout the company, also held several senior leadership roles outside of finance including:
- commercial development
- information services
- human resources
- supply chain management.
Keith is an active designer of corporate strategies who can align financial and corporate resources in support of strategy attainment. Having worked in both start-up and large corporations, he has managed through many extensive corporate lifecycle transitions and business model transformations.
Keith is passionate about leadership development, has provided both mentoring and training on the subject, and is known for establishing high-performance teams built on the principles of accountability for results, corporate engagement, outstanding customer service and sustaining an energetic culture.
Experience in leveraging personnel, skillsets and corporate systems within a lean structure that requires flexibility, broad responsibilities and collaboration among staff.
As Chief Financial Officer Keith is experienced in
- strategic corporate and financial planning
- investor relations
- managing capital structure
- corporate performance reporting
- financial reporting and compliance
- corporate governance
- risk management
Other areas of experience include:
- Process improvement
- Performance dashboards and reporting structures
- Project leadership
- Change management
- Team development
- Personal performance management
- Managing cross-functional teams and initiatives
- Corporate communications and presentations
- Regulatory compliance
- Corporate governance and supporting the Board of Directors and associated committees