About Carlo Plava
- Energy professional with over 30 years of diverse expertise in Alberta’s carbon emissions trading, power, and natural gas markets, as well as power transmission and natural gas pipeline system planning
- Strong collaborative and interpersonal skills with broad experience providing advisory services, industry intelligence, and strategic planning on commercial, contractual, technical, and regulatory issues related to emission credits and energy marketing, project and business development, and the AESO interconnection and AUC permitting processes for wind, thermal, and large industrial power generation projects
- President of North American Environmental Markets Inc. (NAEM), a brokerage that has developed a strategy to assist renewable project developers that will generate GHG emission offset credits secure multi-year off-take agreements with large final emitters looking to effectively manage and reduce their GHG emission compliance obligations
- Managing Director of North American Climate Exchange Inc. (NACX), a brokerage exchange focused on facilitating spot market transactions of greenhouse gas (GHG) emission credits and emission performance credits (EPCs) in the Alberta regulated GHG emission offsets market.
- Founder of Pteragen Canada Inc., a private renewable energy company developing the 120 MW Peace Butte Wind Power project located in S.E. Alberta.