About Aaron Grach
Law Society of Alberta, Year of Call 2008
JD, University of Toronto 2007
BA, University of Alberta, 2000
BSc, University of Alberta, 1997
Aaron is a commercial lawyer with an extensive litigation background. Aaron provides advice and assistance to local and internationally based companies, groups, and individuals in the energy industry and related areas concerning a broad range of legal and regulatory matters, applying a risk management sensibility honed as a litigation lawyer at a local energy-focused law firm and a national business law firm. Aaron has represented clients both in regulatory hearings and at all levels of court in Alberta. He provides employment law advice to both employers and employees. Aaron is a long-time volunteer lawyer at Calgary Legal Guidance and lends his expertise to the Calgary arts community in non-profit management and governance.
He works with advising and representing landowners, energy companies and other corporations. Often in matters that include:
- regulatory compliance
- securities compliance
- land use
- gross royalty trusts
- master service agreements
- commercial leases
- engineering contracts
- joint venture rights and obligations
- commercial tenancy rights and obligations
- surface lease disputes
- production revenue disputes
- construction contract disputes
- patent disputes
- shareholder disputes, etc.
Aaron also maintains a specialization in:
- employment law
- advising and assisting employers and employees in matters involving
- employment standards
- HR policies and procedures
- health and safety
- human rights
- fiduciary duties
- wrongful dismissal
- non-competition agreements
- non-solicitation agreements, etc.
Publications and Presentations
- The Enforceability of Random Drug Testing. Employment and labour law bulletin, 2013.
- Insurer as Debtor Under the Personal Property Security Act. Internal client group presentation, 2012.
- Who Is My Employer: On Lockerbie & Hole Industrial Inc. v. Alberta. Employment and labour law bulletin, 2011.
- New Rules of Court. Litigation group presentation, 2010.
- Liability under the Climate Change and Emissions Management Act. Emerging issues conference presentation and energy law bulletin, 2008.
- Implied Undertakings. Litigation matters bulletin, 2008
- Liability of Design Professionals to Third-Party Contractors. Construction law bulletin, 2007.
- Canadian Trademark Law. Internal client group presentation, 2007